In 1927 Murray Owens (then 21 years old) began washing and waxing cars, and performed basic auto lubrication on his residential property in East Austin. A year later he secured a $150 bank loan and converted his barn into an automotive service garage. As business grew in an expanding car market, repair and maintenance were soon added to the list of shop services. Over the years Murray’s staff grew to 7 and consequently the garage continued to expand accordingly. The shop continually and successfully operated until 1992 and closed when it became cost prohibitive to keep up with the technological changes and requirements. Murray always made a profit and attributed that to quality work and customer care. The shop was subsequently purchased by Tim Pinson of Mission Possible in the mid 1990s and the building was later remodeled to include classroom, dining, storage, and recreational facilities. Although some automotive and Mission Possible ministry was operating there by 2002, “Cars at Owens Garage” did not officially begin its current mission until July of 2007. It continued to operate as a Mission Possible ministry in East Austin until the garage was sold in October of 2013. The ministry was quickly and eagerly adopted by the Hill Country Bible Church Community Impact ministry in November 2013 but subsequently remained homeless for a few months. Then in May of 2014 God graciously provided a new home in the maintenance garage of The Twin Lakes Fellowship in Cedar Park. Owens was warmly and enthusiastically welcomed by Pastor Nathan, the elders, and the TLF congregation as one of several answers to prayer on using the TLF facilities for God’s glory and Kingdom expansion. The “Cars program” currently operates on “The Hill” in building #8 in conjunction with the newly formed Christian Resource Center and several sister ministries. In the fall of 2014 Owens started to offer ASE certification and began making plans for building and ministry expansion. To be continued….